The Website is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Website. If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to use our Website or provide any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide To Us. We collect the following types of information:
Collection and Use of Information via Technology
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- We collect information in connection with your Consultations.
- If you use our Website on your mobile device, including through our Website, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Website or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your account or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
- When connecting to our Website via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- The Website may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- If you order a Consultation on our Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, and billing information.
- If you bill for Consultations via our Website, we will collect all information necessary to facilitate payment, including your bank account information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- Other information about you provided by to us by you or other users of the Website.
Use of Your Information
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a User’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format Users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our Users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a User. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our Users’ Personal Data.
- Mobile Website. We may also collect non-Personal Data from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we may collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from Users who have had positive experiences with our Website. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify you by your first and last name and may also indicate your home city. We obtain your consent prior to posting your name along with the testimonial. We may post feedback on the Website from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other Users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Website and improve Website navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.Sharing of Information
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a User in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Website and Services;
- provide the Consultation you request or provide;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Website and for other marketing purposes of Company.
If you book an appointment using the Website, Clarity will share your relevant Personal Data with the Provider to confirm and validate the availability of the appointment and to facilitate the direct communication between you and the Provider regarding your booking. By using the Website, you consent to disclosure of your Personal Data to the Provider to the extent that disclosure is necessary to book the appointment between you and the Provider.
Credit Card Information
Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Website, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates.
Users. We will share your Personal Data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Website.
Authorization to disclose PHI. By clicking 'I agree' in my Alpha Patient Dashboard, I am authorizing the release of my email address and/or mobile device number (which are considered to be Protected Health Information or “PHI”) by Alpha to Alpha partners who send text messages and emails on Alpha’s behalf. For example, Alpha might use a third party to send email notices that my medications have been shipped, or I might receive an email or text asking me to rate my experience with Alpha. I understand that Alpha will not disclose my PHI for any other reasons, and will not sell my PHI. I understand that I can opt out of future emails and text messages from Alpha, and I do not have to check this box to use Alpha or receive care from Alpha doctors. I understand that this authorization will not expire unless I revoke it by updating my profile settings or emailing Alpha at privacy@HelloAlpha.com. I can revoke this authorization at any time, but if Alpha has already relied on my authorization, any action already taken cannot be undone.
In order to request a Consultations on the Website, a credit card number may be required. Clarity may collect your credit card information, including card number, CVV, expiration date and billing information, and share it with our payment provider to process payment. The payment provider may store your credit card information for future use on the Website; provided that your CVV number will not be stored and must be re-entered for each credit card transaction. Our third party payment provider is required to keep your credit card information secure. Clarity assumes no responsibility or liability for unauthorized disclosures of your credit card information due to transmission errors, unauthorized third party access or other reasons beyond Clarity’s direct control.Protected Health Information
Additional terms regarding our use and disclosure of individual user protected health information is contained in the Informed Telehealth Consent located here.Security; Confidentiality of Information
Clarity will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. However, please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You must promptly notify us if your contact data is lost, stolen, used without permission or otherwise compromised. In such an event, we will remove that contact data from your account and update our records.
Email and text messages that Clarity may send you may include Personal Data and such messages are not encrypted. This means that when the messages are sent over a network, someone without your permission may be able to read them. While such interception of messages is illegal, it is possible. Clarity will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent this from happening. In addition, once a text or email message has been sent to your mobile device or computer, it is your responsibility to keep the personal identifying information contained in such message safe and secure. By using the Website, you agree that you understand and accept the risks detailed herein.Providers
Any information that you may reveal in an account page, profile or other posting or other online forum is open to the public and is not in any way private. You should think carefully before disclosing any Personal Data in any public forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.Controlling Your Personal Data. You have several choices regarding the use of your information on our Website.
Links to Other Websites
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Website. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.